The Top Handle Bag: Where to Get This Chic Accessory for Less
Thank you to Levantine for sponsoring this review of the brand’s Layla top handle bag. All opinions are my own.
The top handle bag has long been a go-to choice for sophisticated fashionistas on the go. In recent months, fashion icons Kate Middleton and Sophie Turner were spotted carrying the chic style. The trouble is, the A-lister version of the top handle has a high-end logo and a four-digit price tag.
High-end style with a budget-friendly price
Fortunately, style-minded ladies on a budget have another option. Meet Levantine’s Layla top handle, available in six gorgeous colors from posh black to standout red.
This beautifully made bag retails for $175 and occasionally goes on sale for $140. It’s vegan leather with a sueded lining and includes a detachable shoulder strap. The interior size is large enough to hold a slim wallet, a handful of lip colors, your smartphone, plus a smallish comb or brush.
Should you choose to ditch the wallet and carry just your ID and a credit card, you can use the zippered pocket on the inside. That would free up enough space to stash a small hairspray or face spritzer, alongside your other essentials.
Levantine’s bag measures 7.9 inches high, 10.2 inches wide, and 4.3 inches deep at the bottom. The handle height is 3.9 inches and the adjustable shoulder strap adds a drop of up to 23.6 inches.
The gold-toned latch flips down to lock the bag closed with a satisfying clink.
What sets Layla apart from other budget-friendly bags is the craftsmanship. The stitching is perfect, with not a thread out of place. The gold-toned hardware is solid. It flips down to lock the bag closed with a satisfying clink. The bag’s hard sides can take a beating to protect the stuff stashed inside. It even has feet to protect the bottom when you need to set it down.
Layla is also scratch and water resistant.
10 chic ways to style the Layla top handle bag
Need some inspiration for styling a top handle bag this season? Here you go:
- Work ready outfit: Pair a pencil skirt, tucked blouse, and classic pumps with nude lip color and your structured bag.
- Casual chic: Wear clean cut, dark-wash jeans with ankle boots and a soft sweater. Add the bag and a smile.
- Cocktail party perfection: Slip into your favorite LBD. Add heels, a tousled updo, red lips, and a top handle bag.
- Color pop: Dress in muted neutrals head to toe. Then reach for a top handle bag in a bright color like red or green.
- Embellished: Tie a colorful neck scarf around the bag’s handle for a new look on this old favorite.
- Athleisure attitude: Team your favorite joggers with an upgraded top and a kitten heel. The bag is your finishing touch.
- Punk rock style: A chic bag provides the perfect balance to casual punk looks involving ripped jeans, bold t-shirt, and lug boots.
- Bohemian babe: Just as the elegance of the Layla bag balances an edgier outfit, it’s structure can balance a free-flowing, Bohemian outfit. Pair it with a pretty maxi shirt and blouse with volume sleeves.
A chic top handle for less
I love my Levantine Layla bag. It’s stylish, durable, and the price is right. Sure, you buy something cheaper but it won’t look like a high-end bag the way this one does. Shop Levantine bags at levantinebags.com.
Thank you to www.thebudgetfashionista.com for her review & style of the Layla handbag!